WHY DIVE AN IDM? CHARACTERISTICS AND BREAKDOWN OF BASIC FEATURES.
After you read the above, you might also want to check out:
- Apertometer: competitor comparison with our field of view.
- Visor treating: the importance of having scratch resistance inside and outside means that, while an outside scratch on underwater equipment is a minor problem (the water will fill the scratch and you won’t be able to tell it’s there), an inner scratch will be very visible, also once underwater. Thus, OCEAN REEF IDMs, the only Full Face Masks with coating on the market, highly reduce the possibility you will ruin and need to swap your visor.
WHAT IS MY IDM PERFECT FIT?
The Neptune Space is available in two sizes, Small/Medium and Medium/Large.The sizing and measuring system were designed in accordance with the official measuring procedure used in the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory Charts at the SBCCOM Mask Fit Facility-Aberdeen Proving Ground (Maryland, USA). Before purchasing a mask, the customer may use the calliper to take two simple face measurements. Using the Full Face Mask Size Recommendation Chart, he or she can evaluate the size category into which the measurements fall. There are three different size categories on the chart: Small/Medium, Both, & Medium/Large. If the measurements fall within the both category, then the diver should technically be able to wear either full face mask (M/L or S/M), and in that case should try on a mask to select the best fit. Please note that the chart boundaries fade. The fading areas represent less common face measurements. It is very likely that a mask will still fit comfortably even if measurements are located in these fading areas.If needed, OCEAN REEF has available to purchase a measuring kit.
Check out the FAQ section, the Training and Support videos for some answers to questions that might come to your mind like:
- How do I equalise an IDM?
- Why IDM and not simply FFM?
- Does it fog?
- How do i clear it from water?
- What if it leaks?
- OA situation?