- How do I equalize with an OCEAN REEF IDM?
seated inside the orinasal pocket is the 3d equalization system. It’s a 3 way directional adjustment system up/down, wide/narrow, close/far, made for maximum comfort and nose breathing.2 silicone plugs can be adjusted to any nose shape so that they are comfortably touching the upper lip. Pushing the mask towards the face when needed causes the plugs to create a nasal seal. Check out this video for a quick tutorial on how to set up the mask.
- What if the mask fogs?
IDMs do not fog – no product treatment is needed thanks to the 1 way air circulation system achieved with the orinasal pocket. The orinasal pocket also keeps separeted fresh air for inhalation from the CO2 exhaled.
- What comes with an IDM?
– integrated diving mask (2 sizes S/M – M/L and different colors) with integrated, balanced, 2nd stage;
– padded bag (professional line), mesh bag (sport line);
– standard lp hose;
-2 years warranty for gdivers masks – lifetime warranty for all the professional line masks
– different sizes nose extension plugs.
- What is my size?
2 sizes are available – S/M – M/L. For an average adult body size, male or female, M/L is suggested. Check the measurement to be sure what size fits you or visit your neerest dealer to try the mask on (map).
- Can I wear glasses while diving?
the optical lens support is a dedicted frame, compatible with the scuba line, the ARIA mask and other snorkeling full face masks, which allows to use optical lenses (lenses not included) with the mask. Easy to place and remove, it gives you the ability to share the mask with anyone by just adding or removing the lenses. video here.
- What if I’m in an out of air situation?
there are 2 ways, we recommend, depending on your configuration:
– without removing the mask: if you and your dive buddy are equipped with quick connection on the IDM regulator and on the octopus. Procedure: (diver A is going to share the air, diver B needs air). Diver A disconnects the lp hose from his octopus, diver B disconnects his lp hose from the IDM 2nd stage and Diver A connects the yellow lp hose to diver B’s 2nd stage
– removing the mask: if not equipped with quick connection, or for preference reason. Procedure: by using the quick release Diver B removes his mask and gets his buddy’s octopus in the mouth. We always suggest to keep a conventional spare mask in the BCD pocket. In the training section you can find helpful videos on how we recommend to perform these drills – we highly recommend to get training in a certified facility for added safety and to really get the best out of your equipment.
- How do I wear the mask? Donning/Doffing the IDM
Release all the 6 straps. Put the mask in place and then proceed with the correct tightening order:
– (from top – forehead – to bottom, vertical) pull middle ones;
– make sure the strap is still in place, well centered behind your head, if neccessary pull it down;
– tighten the bottom straps;
-top straps tightening. DO NOT OVER TIGHT.
Doffing procedure: grap the two quick releases (or the tabs) and pull them outward in front of you.
- What is the Extender Kit & Frame compatible with?
this new product is already included purchasing the Space Extender and the Space Extender100 (O2 compatible version). It is also compatible with the Gdivers masks. The Extender kit is retrofittable on the previous Gdivers, neptune space and raptor models (2006-2015).
- What is included with the Extender frame?
– frame: the right option if you want to mount an action camera, a torch, an underwater camera such as GoPro, or Sony, it offers extra protection for your head and some extra surface to drill and create your own configuration;
– new NACS, underwater communication support – a sturdy connection to the frame that can withstand a lot of stress without breaking. All the weight of the comm units is well distributed on the frame, you won’t even remember it’s there;
– 2 earphone supports: supports for MHA-2 headsets (not included) for the GSM GPower SL comm unit, these supports serve also as possible fittings for action cameras, lights, underwater camera, etc. depending on ones need and fantasy.
- Can I use OCEAN REEF IDMs for tech diving?
Multi gas dive: Yes. Professional line masks come 40% Nitrox compatible. There is the option for a Space Extender 100 O2 compatible 100%. Also, the dual tank valve allows connection of the second stage directly to two gas sources (mix, side mounting, pony bottle). It allows a diver to alternate between sources, thanks to the switch, without removing the mask. The Tdivers Line, inside the professional line is dedicated to tech divers. Also available are a range of different lengths of hoses and other equipment, all in the Tdivers hose pack.
- What if the mask fogs?
ARIA should not fog. No product treatment needed thanks to the 1 way air circulation system achieved with the orinasal pocket. The orinasal pocket also keeps separeted fresh air for inhalation from the CO2 exhaled.
- How to equalize?
this product has not been made for free diving. Designed for swimming and snorkeling, shallow free diving is possible if trained and with caution as the ARIA is not equipped with a system to equalize.
- What if water comes inside the snorkel?
the ARIA mask comes with a special dry snorkel. While underwater a floater inside the tube will close the air input opening not allowing the water to get in. In case of leakage from the facial seal (due to beard, hair or a not correct fit) the water will drain out thanks to the drain valve while exhaling.
- Can I customize my ARIA mask?
Absolutely. We have created a full line of accessories like:
– accessories support flat;
– accessories support with camera holder;
– maker winfs for extra color and to convert the accessories supports into selfie sticks;
– optical lens support: a dedicated frame, also compatible with the Scuba IDMs, which allows to use optical lenses (lenses not included) with the mask. Easy to place and remove, it gives you the ability to share the mask to anyone by just adding or removing the lenses.
- Can I wear glasses while snorkeling?
the optical lens support is a dedicted frame, compatible with the scuba line, the ARIA mask and other snorkeling full face masks, which allows to use optical lenses (lenses not included) with the mask. Easy to place and remove, it gives you the ability to share the mask with anyone by just adding or removing the lenses. Video here.
- With how many people can I communicate underwater?
With the wireless underwater communication, as long as you are using the same transmission channel, within the unit range, (from 200 mt up 500 mt depending by the models) THERE IS NO LIMIIT.
- Is the underwater comm. unit included with the mask?
It is not. The underwater communciation is an optional you can add to your Integrated Diving Mask configuration.
- How can I mount the underwater comm. unit on the mask?
All the OCEAN REEF Integrated Diving Masks have a communication port on the left side of the visor. Remove the cap from the port and insert the microphone inside the mask. (the white membrane must face the visor). Once the mic is in and the ptt button is well screwed in (hand tight), mount the unit on the NACS support, or directly on the strap if you are not using the support.
- What’s the difference between wireless communication and hardwired communication?
– Wireless communciation: half duplex (transmitting mode by pressing the push-to-talk button), no cables required, 1 or 2 channels (depending by the model), range within 200 and 500 mt (depending by the unit), 9 volts battery not included, quality can be related to its environment.
– Hardwired communciation: full duplex (hands free communication), always perfect quality, no battery needed for the underwater unit which is always connected with the surface unit, range related to the cable length.
- Can I customize the cable lenght for my hardwired communcation system?
Sure, the standard length is 50 mt, customizable up to 250mt.
-Range/Distance: 200 mt (underwater) for the GSM gdivers, GSM DC (dual channel), CUBE3.
500 mt (underwater) for the GSM GPower and GPower SL (headset version).
For the hardwired communication the range is releated to the cable length.
- What is a Neptune System Training program?
Teaching people new skills and learning to act on a different way it’s always a challenge. In diving we are fully aware that proper training is essential to reach the required level of comfort and safety. Therefore communication of the essential informations is an important part of the whole process. With the OCEAN REEF Full Face mask and underwater communication systems we have extra tool to use beside hand signs communication.When we go diving with new dive equipment we need to spend some time in learning how to use these new tools and the Neptune Space Training program (NSTP) has been designed to teach how to use OCEAN REEF Fullface mask and underwater communication systems on a safe, enjoyable and efficient way.With the support of Course Directors, Instructor Trainers and instructors around the world the OCEAN REEF’s R&D department developed the NSTP program. The NSTP program is a friendly step-to-step learning process of “why” and “how” to use an OCEAN REEF full-face mask, kits accessories and the communication units or how to teach using these new tools.Forget the scuba diving rule “ do not breath through the nose”, cause what you will be practicing is to breath through mouth and nose while diving. Breathing naturally trough the nose creates lots of advantages; It will moister your inhalation air and it will stimulate belly breathing which allows you to use your full lung capacity, taking in more oxygen, making your air consumption more efficient.Having nothing to bite means a mouth completely free to speak. Speaking underwater and stay focused on hearing what other people tell you is completely new experience. We need to learn the proper technique of conscious breathing and speaking underwater.Topics that will be covered:
– Familiarization with the OCEAN REEF IDM & U/W Communication systems
– Proper adjustment of the Fullface mask and 3-D equalization system
– Pre dive safety checks
– Donning and doffing of an OCEAN REEF Fullface mask
– Why an Ocean Reef Fullface mask does not leak water and the visor will never fog
– Switch back to conventional backup system of octopus and spare mask
– Clear a full flooded IDM under water
– Install Underwater communication equipment
– Learn the technique of speaking underwater using the wireless communication systems.
– Underwater teaching, using U/W communication systems
– Proper maintenance procedures.The program is designed to improve the dive instructors knowledge and familiarity of an important and and sometimes overlooked area of diving activity. OCEAN REEF can also provide educational material for certified instructors. In our NSTP download area for Instructors you can download manuals and supportive training material. Hardcopy’s of the teaching manuals are available trough the official OCEAN REEF Authorized Dealer or contact our training department directly. email@example.com
- What is an Ocean Reef Training Center?
Recreational and professional divers can find well trained instructors all over the world at OCEAN REEF Authorized Dealers. These centers offer training opportunities in becoming a certified expert in the use of OCEAN REEF IDM & Communication systems. Check our Authorized Dealer locator to find your nearest OCEAN REEF training opportunity.For any questions regarding our NSTP please send email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is an OCEAN REEF Pleyades Diving center?
OCEAN REEF Pleyades Diving centers are part of an Elite group of diving retail locations, training locations and resorts equipped with state of the art OCEAN REEF Integrated Masks (IDM) and communication units. Divers can follow Fullface Mask & U/W communication training , tryouts, or rent OCEAN REEF IDM & U/W Comm. systems.These centers offer training opportunities in becoming a certified expert in the use of OCEAN REEF IDM & Communication systems.For any questions regarding our Pleyades dive centers please send email to: email@example.com
- What is an Ocean Reef ITC (Instructor Training Center)?
Travelling to Italy or San Diego to get trained from the factory is not always a possible option. In collaboration with some professional diving centers all over the world, OCEAN REEF established the OCEAN REEF Instructor Training Centers (ITCs).Recreational and professional divers can find well trained instructors all over the world at OCEAN REEF ITCs. These centers offer training opportunities in becoming a certified expert in the use of OCEAN REEF IDM & Communication systems.An Ocean Reef Instructor Training Center is an alternative representation for our in-house company training. All OCEAN REEF ITC’s have one or more OCEAN REEF Training Development Coordinator (TDC) as part of its staff. The TDC is trained under the supervision of the engineers and trainers of the OCEAN REEF Company in Italy or United States.The ITC is fully equipped with OCEAN REEF IDM & U/W Communication equipment. You will not only find a place where the OCEAN REEF training is offered, you will also find a high qualified dive location where the state of the art equipment of OCEAN REEF is available in order to offer a new way of teaching SCUBA today, using underwater communication as an essential tool in education.Ocean Reef Instructor Training Centers are established in:
– Italy il Grande Blu Diving Center
– Egypt Team Blue Immersion
– UK Hydro active
– BonaireDive Friends Bonaire
– MexicoPunto Sub
– SingaporeAsia Dive Academy
– Maldives WTI Maldives
– Taiwan Willy Diving center
– USA Rainbow Reef Dive CenterFor any questions regarding our ITCs, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is an Ocean Reef Factory Sponsored Course (FSC)?
On regular basis OCEAN REEF ITC’s are offering the OCEAN REEF Factory Sponsored Course. The Factory Sponsored Course (FSC) is a initiated and sponsored program by OCEAN REEF, inviting active SCUBA Instructors and Course Director to participate in a intensive two-day program becoming an expert in the use of OCEAN REEF equipmentThe FSC contains presentations, workshops and a lot of in-water time going trough all aspects of using OCEAN REEF IDM & Comm. systems in regular dive training. The program ends up with a practical and theoretical exam. After successful participation candidates will receive a diploma. By providing the diploma to your scuba-training agency you will become an Ocean Reef IDM & U/W Comm Instructor.The OCEAN REEF Factory Sponsored Course program recognition is now available for: PADI / SSI / NAUI / SDI-TDI / IDD-IADS / NOB / SNSI / WOSD Instructors.Check out the events calendar for more informations regarding the next FSC at your desired location.For any questions regarding the Factory Sponsored Courses programs, please send email to: email@example.com